Who are FOCHS?
Friends of Coopersale Hall School – FoCHS – is our parents’ association and our aim is to enrich every child’s experience at school.
All parents are automatically members of FoCHS and are very welcome to get involved in the many activities we organise throughout the year.
What do we do?
We organise events that are enjoyable and add value to our children’s time at school. These events give pupils, teachers, and parents a sense of pride of being part of the Coopersale Hall School community.
Regular events include:
- Visits from animals at Easter and reindeer at Christmas time
- Visits from the Young Shakespeare Company and authors
- Pantomime trips and in-house pantomime performances for younger children at Christmas time
- A Christmas Fayre with seasonal games and gift stalls
- A Picnic in the Park in the summer term with pony rides and outdoor games such as hook-a-duck and giant inflatable football darts
- Disco and movie nights
In the past we have also provided resources such as a new adventure playground and an outdoor classroom.
How do we raise funds?
As well as being great fun, many of the events such as the Christmas Fayre, help to raise funds for FoCHS. We also sell nearly new uniform and run a weekly tuck shop, weather permitting.
Being part of the Oak Tree Group also provides a great opportunity for us to work with our follow parents’ associations to raise funds and regular group events include the annual firework display and the biennial Oak Tree Summer Ball.
All parents also make a termly donation of £10 per family.
How can you get involved?
Support for FoCHS comes in many different forms and can be hands on or light touch. Examples of parent involvement include:
- Volunteering to help at a FoCHS event, such as the Christmas Fayre or movie night.
- Donating uniform that your children have outgrown to our nearly new shop.
- Completing a gift aid form to enable us to boost your termly FoCHS contributions by 25% – Gift Aid forms are available here.
- Doing your online shopping through our easyfundraising page that makes a donation every time you shop: easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/fochs.
- Changing your search engine to fochs.easysearch.org.uk/ – FoCHS receives a fee for every search.
- Becoming a member of the FoCHS committee, attending regular meetings and organising events.
Get in touch
Each year group has a FoCHS rep who you can contact to find out more or to share suggestions and feedback. Just message your regular year WhatsApp group and ask for the current FoCHS rep.
You can also email us at FoCHS@coopersalehallschool.co.uk, drop a note in the FoCHS letterbox near the school office or speak to any members of the committee:
Susan Tetherton (Chair)
Victoria Moyses (Treasurer and Nearly New Uniform)
Kiran Arora (Secretary)
We’d love to hear from you.