Coopersale Hall uses a wide range of the district’s finest sporting facilities, including Epping Swimming Pool, the Lee Valley Athletics Centre and the Peter May Centre.
The PE programme throughout the school is designed to promote physical activity and incorporate the thinking involved in making decisions, selecting, refining judging and adapting movement. Through our programme pupils are encouraged to develop physical competence in a broad range of activities as well as personal qualities of commitment, fairness and enthusiasm.
All pupils are expected to participate in the regular inter-house competitions. The school teams are selected on ability and compete within the borough and ISA. Clubs and after school activities are open to all.
In Years 7 to 11 pupils should build on and embed the physical skills learned in lower years to become more confident in techniques across a broad range of sports as individuals and as part of a team. We aim to develop confidence and interest to get involved in exercise and sporting activities out of school and in later life. Pupils should understand the importance of exercise and the long term benefits of physical activity.
Key achievements include:
- Throwing and catching in isolation and combination
- Participation in team games
- Application of basic principles of attacking and defending
- Development of flexibility
- Strength technique control and balance
- Taking part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and as a team
- Comparing performance and demonstrating improvement to achieve personal best
- Swimming confidently using a range of strokes effectively
- Using a variety of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents through team and individual games
- Cross Country
- Gymnastics/ Dance
- Outdoor adventure activities
- Fitness training